IED IS OFFICIAL PARTNER OF THE NEW EUROPEAN BAUHAUS
IED Istituto Europeo di Design is one of the official partners of the New European Bauhaus Initiative, selected by the European Commission. The New European Bauhaus (NEB) is “a creative and interdisciplinary movement, convening a space of encounter to design future ways of living, situated at the crossroads between art, culture, social inclusion, science and technology”.
The future of Europe will be hybrid and transversal. Design, as a transformative culture and language, must help the enhancement and sharing of the values of the NEB amongst institutions, professionals and citizens of all places and walks of life. Within this context, the Mediterranean is an area of great relevance on account of its bridging role in terms of environment, culture, geography and history. It is a vital dimension of the European integration and it provides ways to understand creativity and innovation and to foster diversity for a more sustainable economy and society.
The common geographical environment and, in turn, the shared challenges, of the Euro- Mediterranean eco-system represent a distinctive platform particularly for green and inclusive transformation that can help to spread the values of Europe, and of the NEB, to different contexts. Within this landscape, the IED Network – Italy, Spain, and Brazil – sets itself as a meeting point and a collaborative and integrated laboratory for research and innovation in the Euro- Mediterranean area.
IED PARTICIPATION IN THE NEB
The IED will actively participate in the NEB movement by engaging its cross-sectorial communities and networks to ground the initiative locally and beyond European borders. The contribution will be three-fold: an Experimental space; a Generative environment, and a Multipolar communication and dissemination system.
Among the dedicated activities are:
1. Two ENVISIONING FORUMS on the Euro-Mediterranean Orange Economy, the first of which is scheduled for Spring 2022
2. Series of CONVERSATIONS and HANDS-ON WORKSHOPS, with the aim of connecting people across the Euro-Mediterranean to share insights and perspectives on the needs and possible implementation methods for a sustainable future, and to generate inclusive solutions to tackle the challenges of a pandemic and post- pandemic society.
3. Dissemination and exploitation materials, such as PUBLICATIONS, ARTICLES and VIDEOS, to give a platform and forum for people from diverse walks of life and cultural backgrounds to share and build on local and transnational experiences. The IED will consistently organize systemic meet-ups with local authorities, trade and cultural associations, academia and citizens, including youngsters, to better understand needs and interests, and prioritize topics and interventions.
Massimo Rosi, IED CEO quote:
“IED all along its history has always been promoting European values and fostering a transnational cultural dimension of sustainable innovation. Today we are extremely proud to contribute to the success of the New European Bauhaus movement and to share our experiences with the broader NEB Community: a new, disruptive, and collaborative paradigm for a stronger, beautiful, and more sustainable Europe”.
ABOUT THE NEW EUROPEAN BAUHAUS INITIATIVE
The New European Bauhaus initiative connects the European Green Deal to our living spaces. It calls on all Europeans to imagine and build together a sustainable and inclusive future that is beautiful for our eyes, minds, and souls.
The New European Bauhaus will:
– Bring citizens, experts, businesses, and Institutions together and facilitate conversations about making tomorrow’s living spaces more affordable and accessible.
– Mobilize designers, architects, engineers, scientists, students, and creative minds across disciplines to reimagine sustainable living in Europe and beyond.
– Strive to improve the quality of our living experience. It will highlight the value of simplicity, functionality, and circularity of materials without compromising the need for comfort and attractiveness in our daily lives.
– Provide financial support to innovative ideas and products through ad-hoc calls for proposals and through coordinated programs included in the Multi-Annual Financial Framework.
More info.: https://europa.eu/new-european-bauhaus/index_en