Summer Course in Retail Design for Entertainment
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: 4 July 2022
Schedule: From Monday to Friday, from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m., besides four afternoons, from 3.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
€3,150(Enrolment fee €1,000 + tuition fee €2,150).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Retail Design for Entertainment presents a comprehensive overview of a shopping experience, focusing on the four major areas that enable us as designers to create it: the space, the brand, the technology and the person.
Students discover the many interconnections created by these four areas and explore them to acquire up-to-date understanding of the trends, disciplines and strategies that are to be applied to retail over the next 5 to 10 years.
– To discover the many interconnections created by the space, the brand, the technology and the person in the field of retail design.
– To explore these areas in order to acquire up-to-date understanding of the trends, disciplines and strategies that are to be applied to retail over the next 5 to 10 years.
– To learn about how concepts such as social engagement, immersive architecture or embedded interactivity are becoming as relevant as good interior design in stores.
The course combines keynote seminars with class workshops, site visits and practical exercises. Students gain knowledge and learn tools to help transfer their knowledge into practice. Professionals in various related areas share their expertise with a focus on showing how it can be applied to retail design.
It also includes site visits, interesting case studies and other application scenarios to analyse the solutions applied and suggest possible improvements.
This course is aimed at all professionals involved in the planning, design or management of retail spaces, as well as other professionals interested in engaging audiences for other purposes.
This course is suitable for profiles in the following areas:
– Spatial design: architects, interior designers, retail designers, POS designers, window display creators, graphic designers, etc.
– Marketing and sales: retail managers, account executives, brand strategists, brand, managers, customer service managers, etc.
This course offers students complete training to help them undertake all manner of projects related to the world of retail space design, contributing value in interdisciplinary teams both in architecture and interior design studios or working independently.
Students can also join advisory teams for brands in either in-house departments or agencies. Retail managers are trained to collaborate together with design teams.
Marc Ayala is a Narrative Designer with broad experience in Experiential and Exhibition Design. Under his label MAAY, he helps brands connect with their customers through spatial experiences such as traveling communication campaigns, pop-up exhibits, permanent exhibitions, tailored artefacts or stand design.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.