Summer Course in Packaging Design
Packaging is the name used to refer to the wrappers, containers and labels of commercial products. In increasingly competitive markets, packaging is a concept that is gaining in importance and innovation in this area is becoming a very important factor in differentiating products.
Packaging surrounds, protects, transports, communicates and attracts. It must also have certain characteristics, such as being appropriate for the proper storage of the product, being made of specific materials, and, at the same time, being environmentally friendly.
The Summer Course in Packaging Design aims to train professionals with an ability to communicate the characteristics of a product both formally and graphically. These professionals are able to design with a social conscience and respect for the environment and to anticipate needs and meet them in some way.
Summer Course in Packaging Design
– To understand packaging, its history and its relationship with our everyday lives through design.
– To learn to innovate in the area of packaging.
– To understand and apply ethical environmental commitments to packaging projects.
– To acquire a methodology for creation, definition and execution.
– To understand the job of Art Director and/or Packaging Director.
– To analyse a variety of containers and packages at the structural level and define which is most appropriate for each project.
– To study the application of graphics to containers, packages and branding in packaging.
– To understand how each step in the design process and its execution is managed.
The Summer Course in Packaging Design combines an individual exercise (1 per week) with a group exercise (4 weeks) and a visit from experts in this field.
The course is divided into four blocks: Art Direction, Volume Design, Graphics and Management.
It includes Master Classes on the following topics: Branding/Visual Identity for packaging, Sustainability in the Container and Packaging field.
Volumetric and structural design (bottles, dispensers, pouches), notions of engineering for packaging design and pre-press (transferring ideas to the desired quality, printing).
Students and professionals in Communications, Industrial Design, Graphic Design and Marketing and those interested in packaging design in general, who wish to specialise in the field of containers and packages.
It is indispensable to know the basics of technical drawing and image processing.
Design Consultant and Professor
Other Related Courses
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here