Summer Course in Interior Design for Commercial Spaces: Gastronomy and retail
Duration: 8 online + 1 face-to-face
Start Date: July 5th 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and four days in the afternoon, from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
3.100€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Retail Interior Design: Gastronomy and Retail provides an in-depth knowledge of the experimentation and reflection skills needed to define new commercial venues linked to food and retail.
Interior design is a highly competitive and rapidly changing sector that calls for increasingly specialized professionals.
Throughout the course, students will pick up tools, analyse mechanisms and project spaces linked to Barcelona’s commercial reality, using the city as their playing field and as a benchmark in terms of commercial interior architecture. During the process, their minds will be nourished by synergies and exchanges in project exercises, lectures, conferences, workshops and visits.
– To experiment with contemporary retail interior decoration projects, to be understood as one stage in the productive process (design), in which priority is given to the interface between the inside (space and form), the objects (furniture), the materiality (material state and process) and the major installations that are part of it.
– To get to know retail spaces, and more specifically the interiors of bars, restaurants and shops in the city of Barcelona, trying to understand how they were planned by their creators, and the mechanisms and tools with which they were produced.
– To explore a variety of design tools, focusing on retail interiors, taking into account that the design experience itself is the mechanism that best fuses creative learning.
The course focuses on experimentation with the architecture of commercial interiors, from the viewpoint of specific environments: spaces designed for gastronomy and retail sales. The course includes two design exercises, each two weeks long, and a series of classes, workshops and visits, which together will give the students the support needed to undertake their own creative, free-ranging projects, as well as a knowledge of the mechanisms used to create other emblematic commercial spaces in the city.
Architecture and design students and professionals, retail, branding and visual merchandising company managers, and those interested in interior design in general who, for work-related reasons, wish to specialise, so that they can effectively deal with an increasingly competitive and changing sector.
The students must also have a knowledge of design at the professional or academic level. Architects, interior designers, from the field of design (graphics, industrial design, etc.), with a basic knowledge of AutoCAD (or similar) and image processing.
FABIÁN GABRIEL PÉREZ
Architect from UNLP, Argentina. Masters in “Metropolis: Postgraduate Programme in Architecture and Urban Culture” from UPC, Spain. Ph.D. in Architectural Theory.
He is currently a lecturer for Vertical Architecture Workshop no. 4 at the Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning of the National University of La Plata (FAU/UNLP) and director of the interior design degree at UAI, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He was the publications editor for the Escola Tècnica Superior d’Arquitectura de Barcelona, ETSAB/UPC from 2005 to 2011. Mr Pérez has published numerous articles and books on architecture, interior design and urban culture. He has lectured on the Masters programme and coordinated the interior design course at IED since they began in 2004.
Other Related Courses
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.