Summer Course in Image Consultant and Personal Shopper
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: July 2023
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 9.30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 4 afternoons, from 3.30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
€3,150 (Enrolment fee €1,000 + tuition fee €2,150).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Image Consultant and Personal Shopper provides the theoretical and practical foundations for students to become specialized personal stylists and shoppers. It takes an in-depth look into fundamental aspects of the job, analysing the world of fashion and beauty and detecting trends to adapt them to the customer’s needs.
The structure of the course involves recreating the professional process to carry out a specific image consultancy and personal shopping project. This includes lectures, case studies, workshops, professional talks and practical exercises.
The aim of the Course in Personal Assistance and Personal Shopping is to place theoretical and practical knowledge at the students’ disposal, enabling them to become skilled professionals in the personal assistance world. The course explores the most essential aspects of a Personal Assistant and Personal Shopper’s work: analysing changes in the fields of fashion and beauty; identifying trends in order to adapt them to the client’s wants and needs; and guiding them to make the right shopping decisions.
With the aim of making the course more dynamic and of reinforcing the content learnt in class, practical work is also carried out right from day one in every single subject, with exercises based on real and close cases. To complete the course, students are required to present a personal assistance project based on a real case of personal guidance, where they will need to apply all of their knowledge, skills and competence acquired during the course.
– Students will learn how to identify a person’s physical traits, which are decisive when selecting the right clothing, hairstyles and make up.
– Students must be capable of carrying out a colour test.
– Learning about the main fabrics, sizing and labels.
– Being capable of organising and arranging a wardrobe.
– Creating a versatile base wardrobe that combines different items and accessories.
– Learning how to recognise the level of etiquette required in social and business events according to protocol.
– Acquiring knowledge on the latest trends.
– Organising a shopping trip after having selected specific items according to the client’s wishes, style, features and budget.
– Developing customer service skills.
– Knowing how to assess the degree of customer satisfaction.
– Building a personal database of stores, brands and strategic collaborators to work with.
– Defining their own brand and promoting it on their potential target market.
Professionals and students from the world of fashion who want to be trained in image consulting and personal shopping, stylists, designers, advertising agencies, producers, fashion communication professionals, public relations, fashion shops, complements and beauty, window-dressers, and more people interested in personal image and fashion.
Graduates will be qualified to work as personal shoppers in boutiques, department stores, chain stores, hotels and tourism, associations, official bodies, human resources departments, press agencies, event organising firms, and modelling agencies. Alternatively, they may also choose to work as freelance personal shoppers or associate with a fashion website.
ANNA SABATER CASAS
Bachelor of Business Administration (UAB), Marketing DAF (ESADE), Fashion Design (IDEP), Textile Design (Central Sant Martins School of Art), Relationship Marketing (IESE) and Project Management (IESE).
Currently, she advises textile and clothing companies in the development of their product strategy, as well as in the collection structure, style definition and brand development through the product.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.