Summer Course in Image Consultant and Personal Shopper
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: July 5th 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 3 pm and 4 afternoons from 3.30 pm to 6 pm
3.100€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Image Consultant and Personal Shopper provides the theoretical and practical foundations for students to become specialized personal stylists and shoppers. It takes an in-depth look into fundamental aspects of the job, analysing the world of fashion and beauty and detecting trends to adapt them to the customer’s needs.
The structure of the course involves recreating the professional process to carry out a specific image consultancy and personal shopping project. This includes lectures, case studies, workshops, professional talks and practical exercises.
The aim of the Course in Personal Assistance and Personal Shopping is to place theoretical and practical knowledge at the students’ disposal, enabling them to become skilled professionals in the personal assistance world. The course explores the most essential aspects of a Personal Assistant and Personal Shopper’s work: analysing changes in the fields of fashion and beauty; identifying trends in order to adapt them to the client’s wants and needs; and guiding them to make the right shopping decisions.
With the aim of making the course more dynamic and of reinforcing the content learnt in class, practical work is also carried out right from day one in every single subject, with exercises based on real and close cases. To complete the course, students are required to present a personal assistance project based on a real case of personal guidance, where they will need to apply all of their knowledge, skills and competence acquired during the course.
– Students will learn how to identify a person’s physical traits, which are decisive when selecting the right clothing, hairstyles and make up.
– Students must be capable of carrying out a colour test.
– Learning about the main fabrics, sizing and labels.
– Being capable of organising and arranging a wardrobe.
– Creating a versatile base wardrobe that combines different items and accessories.
– Learning how to recognise the level of etiquette required in social and business events according to protocol.
– Acquiring knowledge on the latest trends.
– Organising a shopping trip after having selected specific items according to the client’s wishes, style, features and budget.
– Developing customer service skills.
– Knowing how to assess the degree of customer satisfaction.
– Building a personal database of stores, brands and strategic collaborators to work with.
– Defining their own brand and promoting it on their potential target market.
Professionals and students from the world of fashion who want to be trained in image consulting and personal shopping, stylists, designers, advertising agencies, producers, fashion communication professionals, public relations, fashion shops, complements and beauty, window-dressers, and more people interested in personal image and fashion.
Graduates will be qualified to work as personal shoppers in boutiques, department stores, chain stores, hotels and tourism, associations, official bodies, human resources departments, press agencies, event organising firms, and modelling agencies. Alternatively, they may also choose to work as freelance personal shoppers or associate with a fashion website.
ANNA SABATER CASAS
Bachelor of Business Administration (UAB), Marketing DAF (ESADE), Fashion Design (IDEP), Textile Design (Central Sant Martins School of Art), Relationship Marketing (IESE) and Project Management (IESE).
Currently, she advises textile and clothing companies in the development of their product strategy, as well as in the collection structure, style definition and brand development through the product.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here