Summer Course in Global Design
The world of creation is constantly changing. Its disciplines merge and grow and the way they are implemented becomes more and more liberal. The multidisciplinary approach to design is part of a process where the fields in which creativity can be applied are mixed and matched. This is a form of hybrid learning, where students enter an open study plan with the aim of arousing their curiosity, developing their creativity and discovering the various forms of expression in design.
The summer course in Global Design seeks to explore the disciplines of product design, interior design, fashion design and graphic design to make students understand that design can be based on a common methodology that is then applied to each different sector. Above all, the course focuses on expressing creativity and developing versatility and flexibility. This course is set against IED Barcelona’s multicultural backdrop, which seeks to foster knowledge beyond a specific field and to boost each student’s natural and shared skills, enabling them to learn about other specialities and the things they have in common.
Summer Course in Global Design
– To take the city of Barcelona as the base from which to venture out on excursions linked to different disciplines.
– To understand how the city’s various designers work.
– To convey the creative experience in a final project.
– To provide a basis of technical knowledge for students to direct and focus their first creative ideas.
– To encourage an attitude that is at once receptive and analytical; to highlight the importance of process when developing an idea; to understand the need to work on a strong and coherent concept in order to shape ideas throughout every stage of the process and achieve a successful project.
The course is intended to constitute a very intense design experience in the city of Barcelona, by means of practical subjects, monographs and trips to studios in different fields of specialisation. The idea is to immerse students in a practical journey through the various disciplines of design guided by professionals from the city who have worked on different perspectives: space, objects, attire and communication. The course’s various subjects are linked, and all converge in a final presentation.
– An eye for observation and analysis in order to conceptualise.
– The ability to gather resources in order to bring a concept to fruition.
– Experience in modelling and drawing.
– A wealth of communication resources.
– Experience in an interdisciplinary design project.
Interdisciplinary designer. Since 1999 she has been collaborating with Emiliana Design Studio in multidisciplinary project development, particularly those regarding design and coordination of exhibitions. She creates in 2006 the studio and brand Lots of Loops, and since 2011 she’s running the Barribastall project, developing creative activities for educational associations through the workshop format. She’s currently teaching at IED Barcelona, coordinating the One Year Global Design and The Summer Course in Global Design, she’s also teaching in Workshops and Masters Courses.
Other Related Courses
SMASHINGCONF 2017 AT IED BARCELONAThe third edition of the SmashingConfBarcelona will be celebrated from… More Info +
Business Design student's study the viability of a maritime transport service for the Port of BarcelonaStudents of IED Barcelona Advanced School of Design have designed… More Info +
Two IED Barcelona alumni won the Ecodesign award 2017Two projects by students from IED Barcelona have been awarded… More Info +