Summer Course in Ethical and Sustainable Fashion
The concept of sustainability is gaining ground in our society. For a great many reasons, which include consumers growing more responsible, laws getting stricter and waning resources becoming more expensive, sustainable development is rising as one of the key factors for companies to survive and gain a competitive advantage over their competition in the near future.
In the fashion world, sustainability is a complex issue as it affects every stage of the product’s life cycle: design, material procurement, production, logistics, use and end of life.
To ensure sustainability is successfully implemented in our companies, the technical and specific know‑how it requires must also come with a strategic vision and a new understanding of the fashion business.
Sustainable fashion is such a broad concept that it requires in-depth training, which is now available in classroom format for the first time in Spain thanks to this specialisation course.
moda ética y sostenible
– To equip students with a set of skills they will need to promote, develop and manage sustainability, both in individual projects and within an organisation.
– To provide the basic knowledge and methodological tools needed to begin developing and managing sustainability projects, from creating new products and services to defining new business models or redefining existing processes, always applying a systemic approach.
Participants are granted the opportunity to share their experiences with the teachers in an atmosphere that fosters easy communication and represents the point where their existing knowledge and career aspirations converge.
The course takes place in a dynamic environment, combining different types of lessons to achieve the highest degree of professional enrichment:
– Technical lectures delivered by prestigious sector professionals.
– Debate and analysis sessions.
– Practical workshops.
– Visits to real companies.
– Graduates in fashion design, business management, marketing and communication.
– Specialists in fashion products.
– Fashion entrepreneurs seeking a new approach for their production processes, techniques and methodologies and for their business.
– Other professionals proving their experience in the field of fashion design and/or business management, sustainability, CSR, communication or marketing.
ELENA SALCEDO ALLENDE
Seventeen years of experience in the fashion industry, she has dedicated the last six years to the field of sustainability.
Currently, through her far&sound platform, she advises the environmental sustainability department of the Inditex group on issues about sustainability culture and change management and accompanies some of its brands in the process of integrating sustainability (Oysho, Bershka, Massimo Dutti , Pull & Bear).
Author of Moda ética para un futuro sostenible (2014, Ed. Gustavo Gili) and Moda y negocios (2004, Ed. Granica). She has been professor and collaborator in different academic institutions for over fourteen years. MBA from ESADE, CEMS Master in International Management from the University of Vienna and a Bachelor in Business Administration from ESADE.
Other Related Courses
Summer Course in Image Consultant and Personal ShopperMore Info +
CSP in Image Consultant and Personal ShopperMore Info +
Summer Course in Fashion Product ManagementMore Info +
Summer course in Fashion and Visual MerchandisingMore Info +
CSP in Fashion and Visual MerchandisingMore Info +
Summer Course in Beachwear DesignMore Info +
IED students win 3rd prize in the Roca One Day Design ChallengeA team of students from IED Barcelona has won third… More Info +
FIVE DESIGNS BY IED STUDENTS HAVE BEEN ENTERED FOR THE 2017 CATALUNYA ECODISSENY AWARDStudents on the Undergraduate Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design… More Info +
JOIN THE SMART FABRICS HACKATHON 2018Open registration at the Smart Fabrics Hackathon 2018, a 48… More Info +
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here