Summer Course in Ethical and Sustainable Fashion
The concept of sustainability is gaining ground in our society. For a great many reasons, which include consumers growing more responsible, laws getting stricter and waning resources becoming more expensive, sustainable development is rising as one of the key factors for companies to survive and gain a competitive advantage over their competition in the near future.
In the fashion world, sustainability is a complex issue as it affects every stage of the product’s life cycle: design, material procurement, production, logistics, use and end of life.
To ensure sustainability is successfully implemented in our companies, the technical and specific know‑how it requires must also come with a strategic vision and a new understanding of the fashion business.
Sustainable fashion is such a broad concept that it requires in-depth training, which is now available in classroom format for the first time in Spain thanks to this specialisation course.
moda ética y sostenible
– To equip students with a set of skills they will need to promote, develop and manage sustainability, both in individual projects and within an organisation.
– To provide the basic knowledge and methodological tools needed to begin developing and managing sustainability projects, from creating new products and services to defining new business models or redefining existing processes, always applying a systemic approach.
Participants are granted the opportunity to share their experiences with the teachers in an atmosphere that fosters easy communication and represents the point where their existing knowledge and career aspirations converge.
The course takes place in a dynamic environment, combining different types of lessons to achieve the highest degree of professional enrichment:
– Technical lectures delivered by prestigious sector professionals.
– Debate and analysis sessions.
– Practical workshops.
– Visits to real companies.
– Graduates in fashion design, business management, marketing and communication.
– Specialists in fashion products.
– Fashion entrepreneurs seeking a new approach for their production processes, techniques and methodologies and for their business.
– Other professionals proving their experience in the field of fashion design and/or business management, sustainability, CSR, communication or marketing.
ELENA SALCEDO ALLENDE
Other Related Courses
Summer Course in Image Consultant and Personal ShopperMore Info +
CSP in Image Consultant and Personal ShopperMore Info +
Summer Course in Fashion Product ManagementMore Info +
Summer course in Fashion and Visual MerchandisingMore Info +
CSP in Fashion and Visual MerchandisingMore Info +
Summer Course in Beachwear DesignMore Info +
SMASHINGCONF 2017 AT IED BARCELONAThe third edition of the SmashingConfBarcelona will be celebrated from… More Info +
Business Design student's study the viability of a maritime transport service for the Port of BarcelonaStudents of IED Barcelona Advanced School of Design have designed… More Info +
Two IED Barcelona alumni won the Ecodesign award 2017Two projects by students from IED Barcelona have been awarded… More Info +