Summer Course in Sustainable Fashion
Duration: 2 weeks
Start Date: 11 July 2022
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 4.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. (22 July, from 9.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.)
€1,900 (Enrolment fee €600 + tuition fee €1,300).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Summer Course in Sustainable Fashion affords a holistic view of sustainability and the tools needed to apply it at every stage of the fashion product’s life cycle.
The concept of sustainability is gaining ground in society. As consumers grow more responsible, standards get stricter and scarce natural resources become more expensive, sustainable development is rising as one of the key factors in a company’s survival and competitive edge. In the fashion world, it also affects the various stages of a product’s life cycle.
The course tackles the idea of integrating sustainability within the fashion company from both a theoretical and practical approach focussing on materials, processes, design, marketing and management. The programme takes place in a dynamic setting that combines technical lectures delivered by prestigious professionals in the sector with discussion panels and case studies, practical workshops and company visits.
– To equip students with a set of skills they will need to promote, develop and manage sustainability, both in individual projects and within an organisation.
– To provide the basic knowledge and methodological tools needed to begin developing and managing sustainability projects, from creating new products and services to defining new business models or redefining existing processes, always applying a systemic approach.
Participants are granted the opportunity to share their experiences with the teachers in an atmosphere that fosters easy communication and represents the point where their existing knowledge and career aspirations converge.
The course takes place in a dynamic environment, combining different types of lessons to achieve the highest degree of professional enrichment:
– Technical lectures delivered by prestigious sector professionals.
– Debate and analysis sessions.
– Practical workshops.
– Visits to real companies.
– Graduates in fashion design, business management, marketing and communication.
– Specialists in fashion products.
– Fashion entrepreneurs seeking a new approach for their production processes, techniques and methodologies and for their business.
– Other professionals proving their experience in the field of fashion design and/or business management, sustainability, CSR, communication or marketing.
ELENA SALCEDO ALLENDE
Seventeen years of experience in the fashion industry, she has dedicated the last six years to the field of sustainability.
Currently, through her far&sound platform, she advises the environmental sustainability department of the Inditex group on issues about sustainability culture and change management and accompanies some of its brands in the process of integrating sustainability (Oysho, Bershka, Massimo Dutti , Pull & Bear).
Author of Moda ética para un futuro sostenible (2014, Ed. Gustavo Gili) and Moda y negocios (2004, Ed. Granica). She has been professor and collaborator in different academic institutions for over fourteen years. MBA from ESADE, CEMS Master in International Management from the University of Vienna and a Bachelor in Business Administration from ESADE.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.