Summer Course in Design and Entrepreneurship
Duration: 3 weeks
Start Date: July 2023
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 9.30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and four afternoons, from 3.30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
€3,150 (Enrolment fee €1,000 + tuition fee €2,150).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
Successful business opportunities have to emerge from market demands. The Summer Course in Design and Entrepreneurship helps to discover, identify and understand the customer, develop a viable value proposition and prototype this in order to test it.
At the same time, design provides essential methodologies to explore and launch a product or service and these can provide a key competitive advantage when they are incorporated at the launch of a startup.
– To train people who have a business idea or have designed a product and generally those who want to learn how to launch a startup from scratch.
– To provide an overall perspective of the startup process by reviewing all the essential aspects that every entrepreneur must take into account. From validating the value proposition, conducting in-depth market research and testing and approving an initial proposal to subsequently consider scalability models.
– To learn how to test a business idea, its value proposition and test customer interest in a highly practical manner, prototyping a minimally viable product that serves as a real test without having to make unnecessary investments.
– To understand the various sources and forms of resources, from seed capital and alternative models such as media for equity to business angels and investment funds. To learn how to locate these sources and resources and obtain funding for a project without relinquishing control of it.
The Summer Course in Design and Entrepreneurship is a programme that is fully geared towards application in the real world, including direct interaction with the entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem in the city of Barcelona.
The course has been developed by entrepreneurs linked to the fifth largest startup network in the world, containing the practical aspects that future entrepreneurs should take into account based on their experiences.
Students develop models, prototypes and business plans that are validated by a teaching team made up of entrepreneurs, businesspeople and investors.
– This summer course is aimed at students who have completed studies in the field of design and other disciplines that include business ideas and projects in which design is a key distinguishing feature and those who wish to start their own business venture.
– The programme has also been designed for people who are considering starting their own business based on their own idea or a shared project.
– It is also aimed at intra-entrepreneurs, professionals leading a new business initiative within the scope of an existing company and those who must validate this or innovate through a spin-off.
– Entrepreneurs who understand the processes and tools to create their own business or product.
– Intra-entrepreneurs who can lead business initiatives in companies from different sectors.
JOSÉ CARLOS RAMOS
Director of the IED Barcelona Master School, IED Innovation Strategist at the World Logistics Innovation Centre (WLIC) in Barcelona.
CEO at the Institute for Careers and Innovation in Logistics & Supply Chain (ICIL). Founder of SOLEMNIUM and CEO and founder of FOREVER US. Managing Partner of Avanzalis Knowledge Associates, a business strategy consultancy.
Business Unit Director of IBM Services and member of Software Council IBM USA. He is also the author of “Manual CEN”, a complete guide to strategic business consulting.
Master’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering and PhD in Business Organisation from UPV.
Executive MBA from Europe Business School. Executive Master in Supply Chain Management (ICIL).
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.