Postgraduate in Fashion Product Management
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: January 18th 2021
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and alternate Thursday, from 6.30pm to 10.40pm
6.300€ (Enrolment fee 2.000€ + tuition fee 4.300€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Postgraduate in Fashion Product Management provides a strategic view of how fashion products work, bearing in mind a brand’s positioning and values, so as to optimise their collections all the way from inception to the moment they reach the consumer.
In this highly competitive context, the Postgraduate Degree fosters an understanding of product processes (efficient management and organisation), marketing strategies and communication, as well as inspiration mechanisms and the ability to develop trends from a creative and cultural perspective.
The program strikes a balance between the analytical side and the creative side and provides knowledge of each functional area with which the fashion product manager is expected to interact (retail, visual, artistic direction, communication) so as to encourage a 360° strategy.
Its main objectives are to:
– Work with brand analysis tools to build the brand through the product.
– Emphasise the importance of cooperation between the design, marketing, sales and production teams to carry out the strategy that has been defined.
– Introduce the main types of suppliers, materials, outsourcing and logistics that surround a fashion product.
– Analyse trends and art direction in order to focus the collections from the creative, conceptual and stylistic point of view.
– Define the structure, breadth and depth of collections by analysing sales, the competition and trends in order to develop a collection with the optimum final value, time and costs.
– Analyse in depth the product range and its efficiency at the POS using the product managers’ work.
– Give a knowledge of consumer analysis, competition studies, team management, scheduling and project development that is based on the design thinking methodology.
– Understand the level of involvement of each of the players (design, product, marketing and communication) in the success of the collection.
The presentation of the content will be divided into classes, modules and exercises that mimic the process and management of a professional fashion project.
The course will therefore be organised into different types of classes: theoretical classes, experimental classes: case studies, workshops, talks by professionals.
The postgraduate ends with a final project carried out in conjunction with a company from the sector, with the aim of the students’ learning to use the knowledge they have acquired in a real market situation.
– Fashion designers who wish to acquire a knowledge of collection coordination and product management
– Product managers who wish to expand their knowledge of product development
– Marketing professionals who wish to gain an in-depth knowledge of fashion products
– Communications professionals who wish to gain an in-depth knowledge of products and product processes in order to make their campaigns more efficient
– Professionals working in fashion companies who wish to gain an in-depth knowledge of everything relating to products and collections and their integration with other departments
– Human resources personnel who wish to understand how all the departments related with a fashion product operate within an organisation
Depending on the entry-level of each student, the career options could be:
– Integrated design and product departments or independent studios
– Marketing departments
– Product development
– Product management department
– Product marketing
– Purchasing and supplier management
– Quality control
– Entrepreneur with own business.
ANNA SABATER CASAS
Bachelor of Business Administration (UAB), Marketing DAF (ESADE), Fashion Design (IDEP), Textile Design (Central Saint Martins School of Art), Relationship Marketing (IESE) and Project Management (IESE).
Currently, she advises textile and clothing companies in the development of their product strategy, as well as in the collection structure, style definition and brand development through the product.
La planificación didáctica de todos los cursos IED Master se basa en los criterios que marca el Espacio Europeo de Educación Superior (EEES). IED Master adopta un sistema de créditos que sigue la estructura de los European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master expide exclusivamente títulos privados propios.
Companies that have collaborated with the master: Ailanto.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here