Postgraduate in Design for Innovation Strategy
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: April 29th 2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30p.m.
6.300€ (Enrolment fee 2.000€ + tuition fee 4.300€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Postgraduate in Design for Innovation Strategy equips students with design-specific methodologies and tools allowing them to identify new business opportunities and come up with valuable solutions.
Global trends such as technological breakthroughs, a growing population, scarce resources and climate change are posing major challenges for companies. And an innovation-based strategy is crucial to ensure sustainable long‑term growth. Here, design plays a key role in promoting and facilitating innovation.
This Postgraduate Degree trains leaders with the ability to manage complex design processes and take on new challenges to promote innovation. To this end, the course proposes a dynamic methodology and a practical approach based on analysing data, exchanging information and discussing case studies, as well as including conferences, talks and workshops.
The course aims to provide the knowledge for the understanding and use of design as a strategic tool to articulate and promote innovation. It seeks to train professionals to lead the management of complex processes of design and undertake new challenges, in order to exploit opportunities applying knowledge and methodologies to foster innovation:
– Equip the participants with the set of skills to promote, develop and manage innovation through design, either on a project or within an organization.
– Provide the knowledge and methodological tools to allow developing and managing innovative projects, from creating new products and services to create new business models or redefining processes, always from the perspective of “design thinking”.
– Understanding the design methodologies and processes that allow bringing ideas into practice.
The course will have a practical “hands on” approach, combined with master classes and conferences. The students will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with the professors in a close collaboration environment. The classes are expected to become active workshops with a “learning by doing” approach integrated with the theoretical content provided by the professors.
The curriculum will be implemented in a dynamic environment, combining different types of classes to enable professional enrichment:.
– Presentations in which a prestigious professional exposes topics that are then analyzed based on case studies.
– Sessions of debate and analysis to discuss on various working models, methodologies, tools, and applications.
– Technical classes on tools and resources delivered by prestigious industry professionals.
As an application of the new knowledge acquired during the course, students will conduct two research projects that include the stages of analysis, development, implementation plan and presentation of results.
– Grade/degree in any Design discipline, engineers, architects, marketing, communication and businesses professionals.
-Communication and marketing specialists.
– Professionals dedicated to the world of business and strategic planning.
– Entrepreneurs and industrialists from different sectors seeking to question their own value creation processes and to find techniques and methodologies to rethink their approach to business.
– Other professionals with proven experience in the field of design, innovation or marketing.
Participants will have the skills to work in companies and organizations in several fields performing some of the following functions:
– Coordinate and develop processes for design innovation and its implementation as a strategic tool
– Identification of business opportunities through the methodologies learned
– Strategic vision for the conceptualization and development of new products and services
– Management and promotion of creative culture within the company
– Have the skills and vision for working in multidisciplinary teams.
Companies that have collaborated with the master: Urb & Drive.
Co-founder Drop-Design for Innovation, an innovation consulting firm focused on creating exceptional products and services, focused on the user experience and business model. Industrial designer by the University of Buenos Aires, Master’s Degree (DEA) in Innovation Projects by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and Postgraduate in Business Management in the School of Industrial Organization.
Previously, he worked as Experience Design Lead at HP and as Design & Innovation Manager at the consulting firm Loop Business Innovation.
He has extensive experience in different fields of design and innovation in various sectors. He has collaborated with multinational companies, SMEs and startups and has carried out projects in Argentina, United States, Spain, England, Italy and Dubai. He has written articles for international magazines and congresses.
His work has been published in different magazines and newspapers, and has received design awards in Germany, the United States, Argentina, Spain and Japan.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.