Postgraduate in Children's Fashion Design
Children’s fashion is maturing. It has evolved and turned into a market in its own right. It no longer depends on other sub-sectors of fashion, which means it is calling out for more specialised manufacturers and designers.
The Postgraduate Course in Children’s Fashion Design rises precisely to that need for qualified creative professionals. Designers who are interested in pursuing a career in the productive world of children’s fashion. Designers who specialise in every stage of a child’s growth bearing in mind all of their singularities.
The course focusses on children’s fashion design while keeping the subsequent production phase very much in mind. After all, future designers need to understand all of the factors that production entails.
– To train qualified professionals for the children’s fashion sector; i.e. designers who are creative, innovative and resourceful. They need to know how to:
– Produce a quality and creative children’s collection.
– Carry out research work to bring added value to their collections according to geographical and demographic factors.
– Apply the techniques needed to design or manage a collection according to the basic theoretical and practical foundations of children’s fashion with a specific and concept in mind.
– Manage the process of producing and manufacturing children’s designs.
– Find and define their own fashion style and philosophy.
– Work with the different professionals involved in the children’s fashion sector, bearing in mind all of the aspects involved.
The Postgraduate Course in Children’s Fashion Design follows an eminently practical approach based on learning by doing. This boosts the student’s creativity and strengthens their personal style, all the way from an initial idea to the finished product. To achieve this goal, it has been divided into modules that include a practical workshop stage, outings and conferences by professionals, and a project and assignment assessment stage. Each module ends with a test to assess the student’s knowledge and skills.
A student’s ability to express their own sensitivity as a designer is a key factor in the course methodology. The Final Postgraduate Project encompasses everything the student has learned throughout the course. The project is to be completed individually and involves the student creating and producing their own fashion collection, carrying the initial concept all the way through to the finished items, and delivering a presentation.
Fashion graduates or professionals looking to specialise in the world of children’s fashion. Design professionals who are keen to venture into kids’ fashion and have a basic grasp of patterning and dressmaking.
Depending on each student’s interests, passions and prior qualifications, the course can lead to a variety of professional possibilities:
– Children’s fashion designer for a company or brand.
– Freelance children’s fashion designer under their own brand.
– Designing suitable fabrics for children’s fashion.
– Creative designer for a children’s fashion label.
– Children’s fashion trend analyst.
– Children’s fashion stylist.
– Researching materials for children’s fashion.
Sales Manager for Teemu Järvi Illustrations, Finland, since April 2016, founder and designer of the brand Mis Crios since 2015. Freelance Designer for Camper Kids since 2017. Designer and director of her own collection and company Cecilia Sörensen 2002-2012.
Associate member of Still Light, Barcelona 2009-2011. Founding member of the collective and showroom Comité, Barcelona 2002-2009. Associate member of Bingo Shop, Barcelona 2006-2009.
Designer of the swimwear line for Antonio Miró, Barcelona. Design assistant for women collection Miró Jeans and Antonio Miró, Barcelona. Design assistant for Mari Savio / PANIK, Helsinki. Designer of Neiti Q collection, inside the Young Achievement in Europe program.
With the collaboration of:
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Other Related Courses
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here