Online Postgraduate in Photography for the Fashion Industry
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: 20 January 2022
Price: €5,350 (Enrolment fee €2,000 + tuition fee €3,350).                     Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Online Postgraduate in Photography for the Fashion Industry prepares students in fashion photography using a creative and technical approach, addressing the latest techniques and trends for the dissemination and communication of collections and products in the sector.
The contents of the course, which are taught online, encompass a journey through the history of fashion, the importance of controlling the budget, the management of locations and contracts, working with models, copyright, different media, photographic retouching and lighting.
In an industry such as fashion, the communication of its products is closely related to photography for campaigns and editorials in both printed and digital formats. It is a sector with great employment opportunities and is in constant growth.
IED’s online platform is a space designed both for the dissemination of content and to provide constant follow up by teaching staff through individual and group tutorials as well as live classes.
– Acquire the necessary techniques to carry out a fashion photography project.
– Master the creation and production process to apply for work as an artist and trend setter.
– Define a personal style based on a story or discourse that connects the student with their work.
– Prepare students to analyse images as well as sociological and fashion design trends.
– Obtain the technical skills in the digital environment that the student will use to develop their creativity and originality, as well as to define their personal style.
The programme is composed of modules that are largely structured into two comprehensive complementary blocks:
The first is oriented towards the analysis and comprehension of the thoughts that have given rise to fashion trends, as well as learning about great photographers who have marked the styles of visual communication in the sector.
The second block has a more practical character, and students will be able to work with either digital or analogue cameras (depending on the type of camera they have).
– Photographers with basic knowledge of how to operate digital or analogue cameras
– Stylists with basic knowledge of how to operate digital or analogue cameras
– Photo retouchers
– Those interested in the world of images
– Visual artists who wish to specialise in fashion photography
– Fashion Photographer
– Photographic Assistant
– Digital and Lighting Technician
– Editorial Photographer for magazines
– Editorial Photographer for companies
– Post-Production Artist
– Image Editor
– Art Director
– Creator of Lookbooks for companies
Between 1999 and 2004 he lived in New York, before returning to Spain. He has collaborated with the most prominent models in the industry and with magazines such as Vogue Portugal, Spain and Germany, as well as Glamour Spain and Germany, Harper’s Bazaar, L’Officiel, L’Officiel Hommes, Esquire, AD and Citizen K.
He has also collaborated with brands such as Cartier, Loewe, Bulgari, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Zara Women / Men, Zara Kids or Zalando, among others. Latterly he has worked for Conde Nast and other influential publications.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.