Master in Strategic Design, Innovation and Entrepreneurship- Intensive
Duration: 3 months in Barcelona and 4 months online
Start Date: Online: 7 October 2021 - On-site: 20 January 2022
Schedule: Face-to-face from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
€12,000 (Enrolment fee €2,500 + tuition fee €9,500).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Strategic Design, Innovation and Entrepreneurship is centred around detecting opportunities, coming up with and developing new business ideas and launching or redefining products, services and production processes through innovation.
Implementing innovation is critical to ensure competitiveness in today’s socio-economic context as it covers everything to do with giving a product or service a new business perspective.
This course encourages collaborative and multidisciplinary work, critical thinking, debate and creativity to develop valuable proposals with a user focus but without losing sight of the overall business model. Throughout the course, students are introduced to various didactic resources such as workshops by acclaimed professionals, master classes, analysing case studies, developing projects and visiting companies.
The objective of the master is to train professionals capable of:
– Using innovation as a tool in new business creation, leaders in management of complex processes
– Generating opportunities and applying change as a key factor in organizations.
– Questioning the established proceedings.
– Detecting improvement opportunities.
– Applying innovative strategies through creativity.
– Undertaking new ventures from a multidisciplinary view point
– Integrating all the involved processes from a design point of view.
IED Barcelona is introducing an innovative methodology for its intensive courses, combining in‑class lessons with virtual content developed and monitored online. This enables students to spend 3 months studying in the city of Barcelona and then go back to complete their training at home. The syllabus is applied in a dynamic environment and combines 4 modules with different teaching methods.
– Professionals who, regardless of the area they work in, are interested in acquiring specific tools and methodologies for innovation strategic management to be applied as in their own business and projects, as to boost and manage competitiveness in the organizations they work for.
– Designers from every discipline, specialists in communication and marketing, as well as those professionals devoted to business and strategic planning, have the adequate profile to become Design Managers.
– Businessmen and industrials from several sectors, interested in questioning their own production processes and conceptions, will acquire techniques and methodologies to redefine the approach of their business.
Students will then be qualified to work for a variety of companies and organisations, undertaking any of the following functions:
– Managing innovation processes and applying them to innovative business models in various sectors.
– Identifying and assessing business opportunities.
– Conceptualising and developing new products and innovative services.
– Managing and encouraging innovation within the company.
– Venturing into new business initiatives based on innovation as a distinctive factor.
– Creating, implementing and developing creative enterprises.
– Defining new business models to be implemented within an existing company or through a start-up.
– Working in a leading position on multidisciplinary teams.
Co-founder Drop-Design for Innovation, an innovation consulting firm focused on creating exceptional products and services, focused on the user experience and business model. Industrial designer by the University of Buenos Aires, Master’s Degree (DEA) in Innovation Projects by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and Postgraduate in Business Management in the School of Industrial Organization.
Previously, he worked as Experience Design Lead at HP and as Design & Innovation Manager at the consulting firm Loop Business Innovation.
He has extensive experience in different fields of design and innovation in various sectors. He has collaborated with multinational companies, SMEs and startups and has carried out projects in Argentina, United States, Spain, England, Italy and Dubai. He has written articles for international magazines and congresses.
His work has been published in different magazines and newspapers, and has received design awards in Germany, the United States, Argentina, Spain and Japan.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Companies that have collaborated with the master: Psquared, Cobuilder.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.