Master in Graphic Design
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: October 7th 2021
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
12.600€ (Enrolment fee 2.500€ + tuition fee 10.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Graphic Design lays out the fundamentals, methodologies and tools that apply to this specific field of design, equipping students with management skills and preparing them to think up and adapt graphic and communication solutions for a wide variety of needs.
In a context where we are seeing more and more communication channels under constant transformation, the role of graphic designers is crucial. Armed with a critical mind and multidisciplinary approach, as well as specific know-how from a variety of disciplines, these designers are able to provide a range of solutions to the market’s graphic needs and visual communication requirements.
The course includes a final assignment that consists in conceptualising and rendering a complete graphic design project. This gives students the chance to experience and learn about every stage of the design process whilst becoming familiar with the idea of working with different creative teams.
– To explore deep into the current concept of design with a cross-sector, multidiscipline approach.
– To teach students the fundamentals of design by studying the main iconographic references and styles.
– To equip students with the methodologies, techniques, physical elements and digital software that make up the visual communication toolbox.
– To explore the various professional options that graphic design and visual communication offer from an eminently practical and project-based perspective.
– To enhance the student’s profile with management skills linked to planning and organising design processes and teams.
The masters is structured as a theory and practice programme that revolves around carrying out a series of projects. The subjects in the syllabus are divided into five sections:
– Know-how and research
– Techniques and development
– Applications and management
– Digital Environment
– Ideas and solutions
– Graduates in different disciplines and professionals looking to steer their career towards graphic design and visual communication development and management.
– Graduates in Photography and Fine Arts.
– Professionals who wish to focus on areas related to the development and / or management of graphic design and visual communication.
At the end of the course, depending on each student’s profile and prior experience, career options may include:
– Working in multimedia: TV channels, newspapers, magazines
– Working as an information designer in multidisciplinary projects
– Working for advertising agencies and press offices
– Working for design studios
– Working in information design departments in official institutions and organisations, agencies and companies
– Developing infographics, information boards, wayfinding, instruction manuals, etc
Companies that have collaborated with the master:Camper, Kaleos.
Designer with postgraduate illustration at the London College of Communication.
She has worked in Camper developing different functions as illustrator for shoes and handbag collections, trend analyst, coordination of collaborations with schools of art and design, search for new talent, graphic designer or as part of the organization of the Son Fortesa workshop.
In 2013 she founded her own brand of handbags and accessories, Sila. She also continues to develop projects related to fashion design, editorial and corporate identity from her own studio founded in 2014.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.