Master in Graphic Design
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: October 7th 2021
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
12.600€ (Enrolment fee 2.500€ + tuition fee 10.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Graphic Design lays out the fundamentals, methodologies and tools that apply to this specific field of design, equipping students with management skills and preparing them to think up and adapt graphic and communication solutions for a wide variety of needs.
In a context where we are seeing more and more communication channels under constant transformation, the role of graphic designers is crucial. Armed with a critical mind and multidisciplinary approach, as well as specific know-how from a variety of disciplines, these designers are able to provide a range of solutions to the market’s graphic needs and visual communication requirements.
The course includes a final assignment that consists in conceptualising and rendering a complete graphic design project. This gives students the chance to experience and learn about every stage of the design process whilst becoming familiar with the idea of working with different creative teams.
– To explore deep into the current concept of design with a cross-sector, multidiscipline approach.
– To teach students the fundamentals of design by studying the main iconographic references and styles.
– To equip students with the methodologies, techniques, physical elements and digital software that make up the visual communication toolbox.
– To explore the various professional options that graphic design and visual communication offer from an eminently practical and project-based perspective.
– To enhance the student’s profile with management skills linked to planning and organising design processes and teams.
The masters is structured as a theory and practice programme that revolves around carrying out a series of projects. The subjects in the syllabus are divided into five sections:
– Know-how and research
– Techniques and development
– Applications and management
– Digital Environment
– Ideas and solutions
– Graduates in different disciplines and professionals looking to steer their career towards graphic design and visual communication development and management.
– Graduates in Photography and Fine Arts.
– Professionals who wish to focus on areas related to the development and / or management of graphic design and visual communication.
At the end of the course, depending on each student’s profile and prior experience, career options may include:
– Working in multimedia: TV channels, newspapers, magazines
– Working as an information designer in multidisciplinary projects
– Working for advertising agencies and press offices
– Working for design studios
– Working in information design departments in official institutions and organisations, agencies and companies
– Developing infographics, information boards, wayfinding, instruction manuals, etc
Companies that have collaborated with the master:Camper, Kaleos.
Designer with postgraduate illustration at the London College of Communication.
She has worked in Camper developing different functions as illustrator for shoes and handbag collections, trend analyst, coordination of collaborations with schools of art and design, search for new talent, graphic designer or as part of the organization of the Son Fortesa workshop.
In 2013 she founded her own brand of handbags and accessories, Sila. She also continues to develop projects related to fashion design, editorial and corporate identity from her own studio founded in 2014.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here