Master in Fashion Technology and Wearables
The Master in Fashion Technology and Wearables trains professionals to lead design and production processes aimed at fashion technology, applying soft textile surfaces, paying special attention to digital design, creating prototypes, interacting and working with new materials.
The link between fashion and technology means much more than designing clothes and accessories or incorporating electronic devices. It allows the application of new processes and tools to optimise the efficiency of design and manufacturing in the fashion world, thereby generating new materials that open up a path for improving fashion products and enabling the development of products whose usefulness goes beyond that of prêt-à-porter.
– To obtain a broad overview and to learn about the technological and technical processes that help to create new materials for subsequent development in the field of fashion.
– To use soft electronics and programming to provide textiles with intelligent behaviour.
– To make textiles interact with their surroundings and the people wearing them.
– To work and control complex computer-generated geometries upon which virtual simulations can be applied.
– To create rapid prototypes by using digital manufacturing techniques.
– To prepare future professionals for the new opportunities that are emerging in the field of new materials and related technologies as drivers of innovation in the textile industry.
– To train professionals to implement fashion projects with social, environmental and technological concerns.-To integrate intelligent devices into a fashion collection.
The course is a multidisciplinary accelerator of ideas and creativity. During the program, students attend several modules focused on computational design, digital fabrication, advanced interaction, market and dissemination, all organized around the development of one individual research topic.
Students develop one research project aligned to a series of challenges and needs proposed by Industrial partners, Research Institutions and wearables experts. Throughout this journey, students are mentored by cutting edge professionals, leveraging their creative and technical skills, forwards new applications and market opportunities.
Any level of graduates in fashion design and product design willing to explore new technological applications in the field of fashion, providing solutions to users and markets.
Career opportunities can be the following depending on entry profile backgrounds:
– Designer specialised in textile innovation.
– Consultant in textile innovation companies.
– Process and product development textile designer.
ALDO SOLLAZZO – NOUMENA
Aldo ss an architect and researcher. Master in Architectonic Design in 2007, Master in Advanced Architecture at IAAC [Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalunya] in 2012, Fab Academy diploma in 2014 in the Fab Lab Barcelona, he is an expert in computational design and digital fabrication. Since 2011, he is the director of Noumena, leading a multidisciplinary team towards the definition of new design strategies informed by tech-driven applications.
He is also the Director of Reshape – digital craft community, a distributed platform promoting cutting-edge ideas merging design and manufacturing. Since 2015 he is Director of IaaC Global Summer School and faculty at Design by Data master in Paris.
He is director of the IaaC Master in Robotics and Advanced Construction, focused on the emerging design and market opportunities arising from novel robotic and advanced manufacturing systems. Aldo has been part of the Fab Academy program as a mentor of Fab Academy Paris and Frosinone from 2015 to 2017.
Other Related Courses
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here