Master in Fashion Technology and Wearables
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: January 20th 2022
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday + alternate Monday, from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
15.400€ (Enrolment fee 3.900€ + tuition fee 11.500€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Fashion Technology and Wearables trains professionals to lead design and production processes aimed at fashion technology, applying soft textile surfaces, paying special attention to digital design, creating prototypes, interacting and working with new materials.
The link between fashion and technology means much more than designing clothes and accessories or incorporating electronic devices. It allows the application of new processes and tools to optimise the efficiency of design and manufacturing in the fashion world, thereby generating new materials that open up a path for improving fashion products and enabling the development of products whose usefulness goes beyond that of prêt-à-porter.
– To obtain a broad overview and to learn about the technological and technical processes that help to create new materials for subsequent development in the field of fashion.
– To use soft electronics and programming to provide textiles with intelligent behaviour.
– To make textiles interact with their surroundings and the people wearing them.
– To work and control complex computer-generated geometries upon which virtual simulations can be applied.
– To create rapid prototypes by using digital manufacturing techniques.
– To prepare future professionals for the new opportunities that are emerging in the field of new materials and related technologies as drivers of innovation in the textile industry.
– To train professionals to implement fashion projects with social, environmental and technological concerns.-To integrate intelligent devices into a fashion collection.
The course is a multidisciplinary accelerator of ideas and creativity. During the program, students attend several modules focused on computational design, digital fabrication, advanced interaction, market and dissemination, all organized around the development of one individual research topic.
Students develop one research project aligned to a series of challenges and needs proposed by Industrial partners, Research Institutions and wearables experts. Throughout this journey, students are mentored by cutting edge professionals, leveraging their creative and technical skills, forwards new applications and market opportunities.
Any level of graduates in fashion design and product design willing to explore new technological applications in the field of fashion, providing solutions to users and markets.
Career opportunities can be the following depending on entry profile backgrounds:
– Designer specialised in textile innovation.
– Consultant in textile innovation companies.
– Process and product development textile designer.
Noumena is a multidisciplinary tech company implementing innovative solutions in the fields of Robotics, 3D printing and Fashion Tech. Founded by Aldo Sollazzo (CEO), Efilena Baseta and Chirag Rangholia. Noumena is based in Spain and operates worldwide. Specialized in 3d scanning, additive manufacturing, and computational design. Collaborating with Sony CSL, IaaC, Inria, Noumena is participating in the RO-MI project for Robotics in Microfarming.
The program collaborates with NOUMENA as a partner that will select two students with the best profiles to carry out the internship.
The two selected students must comply with all legal requirements regarding administrative procedures, travel, belonging to UE, visa, etc.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.