Master in Fashion Knitwear Design
The Masters in Fashion Knitwear Design has been conceived to boost creativity, experimentation and innovation in developing knitwear collections.
The course combines manual techniques with industrial knitting technology to provide professionals with a global vision of knitwear design production.
A variety of techniques are applied during the masters, which includes learning about materials, handwork, patterns, volumes, structures, spinning, knitting machines, patterning, technical information sheets and more, all the way through to 3D simulation with final prototypes.
At the end of the masters, students are asked to produce their own collection applying the techniques they have learned and to put together a professional portfolio.
– To produce a professional and creative knitwear collection.
– To explore the specifics of knitting and the techniques needed to design and manage a collection.
– To try out different spinning methods and structures leading to new textures.
– To work the knitting machine and learn to develop structures to be used in different projects.
– To apply manual techniques, handwork, embroidery appliqués and prints.
– To adapt to a client’s specific design needs.
– To learn how to use software to design and develop a collection so as to understand the more technological and innovative side of knitwear.
The Masters in Fashion Knitwear Design follows an eminently practical approach based on learning by doing. This boosts the student’s creativity and strengthens their personal style, all the way from an initial idea to the finished product. To achieve this goal, it has been divided into modules that include a practical workshop stage and a project and assignment assessment stage. Each module ends with a test to assess the student’s knowledge and skills.
The Final Masters Project ties together everything the student has learned throughout the course. The project is to be completed individually and involves the student creating and producing their very own collection, from the concept to the end product, and delivering a presentation.
– Graduates from branches linked to fashion design wishing to specialise in the world of Knitwear Design.
– Graduates in artistic studies.
– Professionals from the textile field.
– Professionals with proven experience in knitwear.
Upon completion of the course and depending on each student’s profile and initial experience, career options include working as:
– An advisor for design firms and studios in the sector, within a multi-discipline team.
– Creative director, collection designer, head of procurement.
– An independent designer.
– A professional at a fashion studio specialising in trends, fabrics or spinning.
– A professional with technical and technological command of software specialising in knitwear.
– A textile and innovation researcher.
– A quality technician liaising between the designer and the manufacturer.
Núria has a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Fashion Design from the University of Southampton through the Escola d’Arts i Tècniques de la Moda in Barcelona, as well as boasting a Masters di Maglieria from Lineapiù in Florence, Italy. She has worked as a designer and collaborator on projects that range from stitching and industrial work to more creative handmade projects.
Other Related Courses
CONCURS PER A DISSENYADORS EMERGENTS AL REC.0Rec.0 Experimental Stores conjuntament amb 080 Barcelona Fashion organitzen un… More Info +
Dissenyadors de l’IED creen vestits per The Zero Gravity BandDissenyadors de moda de l’IED Barcelona han desenvolupat vestits intel·ligents… More Info +
El IED en el SÓNAR+D 2018L’IED Barcelona participa a la nova edició del Sónar+D amb… More Info +
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here