Master in Automotive Interior Design
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: January 18th 2021
Schedule: From Monday to Friday, from 6.30 p.m. to 10.40 p.m.
15.400€ (Enrolment fee 3.900€ + tuition fee 11.500€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Automotive Interior Design analyses how cars are going to adapt to the new mobility scenario and addresses design to improve user experience (UX Design) when interacting with the interior space.
The programme responds to a growing demand in the automotive sector for designers with a specific knowledge of interiors. It therefore trains professionals who can provide innovative solutions for the morphology of interior spaces and user experiences in terms of connectivity, sustainability, new materials and personalisation.
– To redefine the morphology of a vehicle’s interior space, conditioned by new technologies such as artificial intelligence or the Internet of Things (IoT) and their relation to the connected car.
– To design solutions that facilitate user-vehicle interaction to combine digital, physical and services through user experience (UX Design) as a differentiating factor in the transport design of the future.
– To conduct research and innovate through materials (smart, interactive surfaces and structures) by applying the criteria of sustainability, ergonomics and safety.
– To apply colour, trim and lighting knowledge in the interior space to create atmospheres adapted to brands and users in order to define unique personalised spaces.
– To reinforce the specific tools of transport design: 3D modelling, analogue and digital sketching.
– To learn about the manufacturing systems of various elements of a vehicle’s interior.
– To integrate social, technical and sustainable variables into the work methodology of students in order to develop solutions through systemic design.
The main challenge of the course is to convey its contents and welcome the collaboration of various companies, institutions and professionals from different sectors linked to future mobility. Completing the subjects includes crosscutting seminars and workshops that are held with guest specialists in order to develop different topics of interest in a practical manner, thereby consolidating the knowledge obtained in the theoretical and practical subjects. The Master includes the collaboration of a teaching team comprising leading professionals specialising in each of the areas of study.
The working method is necessarily active and applicable to professional reality, and also includes the freedom of ideas, experimentation and hypotheses generated by the students.
An essential part of the learning process comprises observation, analysis and experimentation, which is why both the theoretical classes and projects are supported by outings and visits. These provide students with the opportunity to learn about the automotive and mobility world in Barcelona as guided by professionals.
– Graduates in disciplines related to design, preferably transport design, interior design, industrial design, architecture or engineering, who want to acquire the necessary tools to tackle an interior design project in the automotive sector in an effective manner.
– Professionals from the automotive sector.
– An advanced knowledge of 3D modelling is essential.
– Advanced level of sketching.
– All students have to present a CV and portfolio with their own projects in both academic and professional fields.
Levelling courses must be taken if required.
The Master course prepares students to hold a position in companies linked to the automotive sector, with the ability to join various departments: modelling, colour and trim, interiors, components and UX.
Industrial and automotive designer. Design and development advisor, Ricardo has been collaborating with companies such as Rücker Lypsa Barcelona, Celler Can Roca, Criber S.A., Santa&Cole, Rücker AG Frankfurt and Seat.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here