Master in Fashion Design
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: October 7th 2021
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 6.30 p.m to 9.30 p.m.
Credits: 60 *
12.600€ (Enrolment fee 2.500€ + tuition fee 10.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Fashion Design equips students with the tools and know-how they will need to develop every stage of the design process, all the way from a creative idea to the final collection. The academic journey will also emphasise the importance of the product’s communicative and strategic value in a brand context.
Throughout the course, students will gain insight regarding the history of fashion and its background, pattern-making, prints, drawing, experimenting in knitwear and confection workshops, modelling, and production processes. They will be learning to apply the theoretical and practical fundamentals of Fashion Design to produce coherent collections inspired by a specific concept and target.
The fashion market is a rich ecosystem where a multitude of factors coexist and interrelate. It is also linked to the historical evolution of styles, artistic movements and socio-cultural and financial changes, all of which have an inevitable impact on society.
– To approach the world of fashion from a professional viewpoint, from its many aspects, in order to understand the complex processes involved in any fashion collection and the production of items of clothing.
– To acquire the essential techniques and theories needed to develop fashion projects: a knowledge of the history of fashion and its context, pattern making, fabric printing, sketching, experimentation in knitting and sewing workshops, modelling and the mastery of production processes.
– To apply this basic, theoretical and practical knowledge of fashion design to creating coherent collections, starting from a concept and a target.
– Students who come from similar disciplines will have the ability to use their previous knowledge and apply it to the skills and tools of the fashion industry.
The degree has a strong practical side, which intends to foster the creativity and personal style of the student, from the inception to the final product realisation. For this reason, it is divided in modules, which include a practical part with educational visits, group work and conferences by professionals, combined with the project part and work assessment. For each module there will be a test of the knowledge and skills acquired.
A key factor in the methodology of the course is for all the students to express their individual sensitivity as designers. For the Final Project of the Master, each student must create and produce his or her own fashion collection, from the concept to the finished items, including their presentation.
– Graduates in disciplines related to design, fine arts and social sciences
– Graduates and professionals from other fields wanting to be introduced professionally to the field of fashion design.
– Students who have previous studies in Fashion Design are also welcome. In a personal interview, they will be informed of the projects to be undertaken and any possible “repeats” that they could find on the Master.
On finishing the course, depending on the student’s profile and experience on entry, the possible career opportunities are:
– Design companies and studios with multidisciplinary teams.
– Independent designers.
– The media.
FRANCESC GRAU TOMÀS
Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Fashion Design from the Universidad de Southampton, through l’Escola d’Arts i Tècniques de la Moda de Barcelona, and a Master in Fashion Design from the Domus Academy in Milan. Creative director and fashion designer.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here