Master in Fashion Creative Direction
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: January 18th 2021
Schedule: Tuesday, Friday and alternate Thursday, from 6.30 pm to 10:40 pm
Price: 15.400€ (Enrolment fee 3.900€ + tuition fee 11.500€).                     Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
Now that branding means so much more than just a logo, the role of creative directors is gaining ground. These professionals take care of steering a brand through the conceptual universe guided by its values, messages and personality. And just as branding encompasses everything a product cannot convey on its own, the concept of “fashion” covers more than just clothing. A brand’s history, values and creativity create a powerful identity that can appeal to emotions and create a sense of belonging.
The Masters in Creative Fashion Direction draws on the intangible side of a product that is crucial for it to succeed: the emotional value of fashion brands. This involves exploring all the creative tools available to produce innovative solutions that define a fashion brand, make it desirable and engage its target audience through different channels (concept, communication campaigns, fashion shows, the digital environment, events…).
– To conceptualise a brand and the values defining it.
– To develop a brand universe in all its communicative aspects (visual identity, verbal identity, look & feel and content).
– To identify and learn about trends in today’s social context. Aesthetic, artistic and cultural movements as well as technological innovations that can help students to design from the present and acquire competitive advantages in the short-, medium- and long-term future.
– To create an offline and online brand community by understanding the influence and use of social media as a driving force behind the feeling of belonging to a group.
– To acquire creative tools in order to confront a brief from beginning to final production.
– To learn to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams.
The Master in Fashion Creative Direction combines an introduction to the knowledge and tools of creativity, strategy and leadership with their application in projects.
The course includes theoretical classes as well as case studies, masterclasses and workshops.
It also provides various visits to studios and also local and international brands so that students can discover the most important realities in the sector. Other visits and activities are focused on broadening the cultural background that creative directors must have as a foundation for their creative proposals.
The Master’s Final Project (MFP) consolidates and assimilate all the knowledge and tools acquired during the course.
– Graduates in fashion design or designers who wish to acquire the necessary knowledge to create the conceptual universe of their brand.
– Fashion industry professionals interested in broadening their horizons by embracing creative and leadership roles.
– Professionals in the field of marketing, communication or advertising who want to specialise in the world of fashion.
– Graduates or professionals from creative fields who can provide portfolio in this field and who are interested in a professional path as creative directors.
By course’s end, and depending on the student’s profile and prior experience, some of his or her possible career opportunities are as follows:
– Freelance or in-house editors and artistic directors in the media.
– Advertising and PR agencies specialising in consumer fashion, luxury, technology and lifestyle brands.
– Start-ups focused on the field of fashion.
– Digital communication departments in fashion companies.
Creative Director with over 14 years of experience working in creative agencies such as DDB Barcelona, SCPF, JWT NY. Awarded in Cannes Lions, Clio Awards, Webby Awards, El Sol, Inspirational, D&AD, Effie Awards.
In 2011 she started @IsabelitaVirtual. In 2015 Kevin Systrom, the co-founder of Instagram, revealed to I-D Magazine that Isabelita Virtual was one of his three top Instagram fashion accounts. She has collaborated as content creator with Coach, Tiffany, Hermès, & Other Stories, W Magazine, Dior, Vogue Italia, Viktor&Rolf, Kenzo, Inditex, Sony, Louis Vuitton Foundation and The Moscow Ballet.In 2015 she was included in the 23 Most Influential Spanish Women
in PR&Communication’s list by El Mundo along with the Director of Facebook Spain and Google’s Director of Strategy for Asia Pacific.
In 2018 she was named Webby Award Honouree for Best Social Content in Art & Culture. (Hailed as “the Internet Highest Honor” by The New York Times). n others.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here