Master in Men’s Fashion Design
Duration: 9 months
Start Date: January 20th 2022
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
12.600€ (Enrolment fee 2.500€ + tuition fee 10.100€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Men’s Fashion Design specializes in designing and producing a private menswear collection, which starts with a concept and follows through to the finished item, including fittings, photo shoots and a portfolio. In the complex and changing world of fashion, one of the major transformations in consumer habits is the recent rise in male customers. Fast fashion is in, but we are seeing a new wave of consumers who appreciate quality, customization and exclusivity in the clothes they wear.
Focussing on this niche, the Masters seeks to redefine the concept of menswear and introduce tailoring techniques to the present context. The course does not intend to be a specialization in classic tailoring, but it encourages each student to develop their personal expression and sensitivity while exploring traditional and innovative menswear codes.
This involves implementing some of the key techniques and tools used in design, concept research, textile handling, digital printing, pattern transformation and volumes, as well as cutting and confectioning items for the final collection.
– Developing the concept of the collection by researching and experimenting with the various techniques involved in the creative process.
– Carefully selecting the elements to be used based on significant research findings and learning to represent and transmit the student’s own aesthetic universe.
– Encouraging students to implement tailoring techniques and customize their designs, producing innovative and unique results.
– Undertaking the entire process of creating and producing a collection.
– Highlighting the importance of contemporariness in design, fashion awareness and product quality..
The Master teaches a combination of specific theoretical know- how and essential hands-on experience. The learning process includes a practical stage involving workshops, visits to businesses in the sector, work groups and masterclasses delivered by professionals, along with projects and assessments.
In the workshop, students get to gain first-hand experience in applying the different techniques and stages. Based on the feedback they are given, students will create items that reflect how important it is to understand the user’s needs, the technical requirements that those needs entail, the creative design process, the play of volumes and silhouettes, the choice of materials and the sector’s specific confection techniques.
The designer’s ability to express their individuality and sensitivity is also a key factor in the course methodology.
The course targets:
– Fashion designers wishing to specialize in the men’s fashion sector, reinterpreting tailoring and menswear techniques to introduce them in today’s world.
– Professionals with proven experience in the fashion sector linked to creative research, design and collections.
To sign up, candidates must present their CV and an academic and/or professional portfolio.
Career options will depend on the qualifications and experience that each student has at the start, which is the basis that this masters course will build on to enhance their knowledge and broaden their options within the fashion sphere.
Upon completion, they will be qualified to bring added value to various fields in the textile sector, especially menswear design. They will be ready to work as specialized designers either for a fashion label’s creative department or for a textile production company, or alternatively as freelance designers undertaking their own projects.
Here are some of the areas where they could work:
– Menswear fashion brands and labels
– Textile production companies in the sector
– Design studios
– Creative director
– Freelance designers
LLAMAZARES Y DE DELGADO
LLAMAZARES Y DE DELGADO, based in Barcelona, have presented since 1997 pret-couture collections for men and women, which are complemented with knitwear and accessory lines, thus creating their universe.
With a leitmotiv of the versatility of the pieces, the quality of the finishes, a subtle retro touch, and a mixture of genders and colours, and inspired by themes related to cinema, music, old family photos, architecture, travels and memories… they design varied and bold timeless combinations.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.