Master in Knitting Design
The Masters in Knitwear Design introduces designers to the world of knitted fabric in all its varieties, from handmade to industrial production, encouraging innovation through experimental research and hands-on experience.
Designers get a taste of how to use knitting machines to see how each type of knitting is created, which thread to choose, the design effects they can achieve and the type of finishes and production needed to attain the best and most innovative results.
The course is an opportunity to explore and understand the link between different styles of knitting and contemporary global markets, trends and traditions so as to forge their own design philosophy and identity within this specific and challenging discipline.
To teach fashion designers all about the specificities of knitting and help them gain the technical insight they need to design and manage a collection.
– To show students how to work with a manual and industrial knitting machine to command all types of knitting and their design effects.
– To boost design creativity through an understanding of the possibilities of tricot in terms of volume, aesthetics and texture.
– To introduce manual knitting techniques along with other handling or application techniques such as patterns and embroidery.
– To experiment with the textures, materials, stitches and structures of knitting to create innovative results.
– To explore and work with every aspect of circular knitting.
– To fully understand the knitting technique and how to create structures, stitches, technical datasheets and produce a knitwear item complete with finishes.
– To introduce students to industrial projects from a technological focus to reveal the most industrial and innovative side of knitwear.
Graduates in the various disciplines linked to fashion design wishing to specialise in the world of Knitwear Design.
– Design companies and studios with multidiscipline teams.
– Freelance designers.
– Companies producing tricot or circular knitwear collections.
– Design advisors working for companies in the knitting sector.
Núria has a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Fashion Design from the University of Southampton through the Escola d’Arts i Tècniques de la Moda in Barcelona, as well as boasting a Masters di Maglieria from Lineapiù in Florence, Italy. She has worked as a designer and collaborator on projects that range from stitching and industrial work to more creative handmade projects.
Other Related Courses
Fashioners of the WorldOn June 22nd the Auditori de Barcelona hosted the annual… More Info +
IED Barcelona collaborates with Doctors without Borders to design solutions for the mobility problems in CongoA team of students from the Undergraduate Degree in Product Design collaborated… More Info +
Los diseños de moda de los alumnos de Máster invaden el Manual Thinking StudioAlumnos del Máster en Design Management del IED de Barcelona… More Info +
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here