Master in Graphic Design
In today’s world, understanding the communication sector is crucial in order to offer a range of solutions to meet the graphic and visual communication needs that the market demands.
Rising to this need, the Masters in Graphic Design trains professionals to build a multidisciplinary profile based not only on grasping the fundamentals, methodologies and tools involved in graphic design, but also on acquiring management skills, enabling them to identify and adapt graphic and communication solutions to a host of different needs.
– To explore deep into the current concept of design with a cross-sector, multidiscipline approach.
– To teach students the fundamentals of design by studying the main iconographic references and styles.
– To equip students with the methodologies, techniques, physical elements and digital software that make up the visual communication toolbox.
– To explore the various professional options that graphic design and visual communication offer from an eminently practical and project-based perspective.
– To enhance the student’s profile with management skills linked to planning and organising design processes and teams.
The masters is structured as a theory and practice programme that revolves around carrying out a series of projects. The subjects in the syllabus are divided into 4 sections:
– Know-how and research
– Techniques and development
– Applications and management
– Ideas and solutions
Graduates in different disciplines and professionals looking to steer their career towards graphic design and visual communication development and management.
At the end of the course, depending on each student’s profile and prior experience, career options may include:
Working in multimedia: TV channels, newspapers, magazines.
Working as an information designer in multidisciplinary projects.
Working for advertising agencies and press offices.
Working for design studios.
Working in information design departments in official institutions and organisations, agencies and companies.
Developing infographics, information boards, wayfinding, instruction manuals, etc.
SMASHINGCONF 2017 AT IED BARCELONAThe third edition of the SmashingConfBarcelona will be celebrated from… More Info +
Business Design student's study the viability of a maritime transport service for the Port of BarcelonaStudents of IED Barcelona Advanced School of Design have designed… More Info +
Two IED Barcelona alumni won the Ecodesign award 2017Two projects by students from IED Barcelona have been awarded… More Info +