Master in Design for Urban Environment
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: January 18th 2021
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and alternate Thursday, from 6.30pm to 10.40pm
15.400€ (Enrolment fee 3.900€ + tuition fee 11.500€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The Master in Design for Urban Environment trains professionals to take part in the process of urban transformation by designing ideas that help to reinforce the social, cultural and economic fabric of 21st century cities.
This course focusses mainly on the following lines of work: design for sustainable development, social inclusion to empower citizens in the face of social challenges, governance, cooperation, e-democracy, open data and transparency, as well as design to tackle urban mobility issues and contribute to people’s safety.
Urban environments are currently facing significant challenges, which calls for professionals who know about the past, understand the present and can anticipate the future to think up solutions in collaboration with their inhabitants and the people in charge of managing them.
– To train new professional profiles with the skills to act in urban contexts from a collaborative design perspective based on the needs of various actors/stakeholders.
– To provide students with a global, interdisciplinary and integrating vision of the experiences taking place within the urban environment in order to propose relevant, consensual and sustainable design solution actions.
– To provide students with specific tools and knowledge to complete projects related to the urban environment.
– To train students to acquire the language and role of a designer/facilitator profile in order to co-create urban environment solutions.
Observation, analysis and experimentation are an essential part of learning. The course proposes intense theoretical/practical immersion in the urban context of the city of Barcelona, which is why both its theoretical classes and projects are backed by outings led by the teachers of the Master’s degree.
The course proposes five interrelated lines of action that are structured upon various types of subjects.
These lines of action are: THINKING, DOING, PROJECTING, LISTENING and COMMUNICATING.
– Professionals and recent graduates who are interested in continuing their studies in order to acquire skills in strategic urban design and become involved in urban design projects from a multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary perspective.
– Product, visual communication and interior designers, architects and management/marketing professionals, among others, will be able to update their knowledge and acquire new skills in areas of urban design that are not part of their expertise.
– Professionals interested in exploring the intersection of design, social innovation and public policies.
Graduates will be qualified to join different kinds of projects in the urban context with tools that can help them to interpret from an overall perception of design. They will be able to face the challenges posed by current urban problems and citizen needs, expanding their knowledge to work with multidisciplinary teams and coordinating a design approach in urban projects.
They will be able to work in public/private entities in some of the following areas/functions:
– Lead urban regeneration processes
– Urban design consultancy
– Urban design process management
– Conduct studies related to the urban environment
– Prepare guidance and statements
– Site and area design and/or mobility design
– Facilitate collaborative processes for design in the urban environment
– Visualise and communicate data in urban design processes
Architect at Saetaestudi since 1994.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here