Graphic Design, pathway in Advertising
Duration: 4 years
Start Date: September 2021
Credits: 240 ECTS
From 13.900 € per year.
Contact us for payment facilities and special conditions.
The Graphic Design specialisation, pathway in Advertising is equivalent to a University degree (240 ECTS).
This program trains graphic designers with a creative advertising mindset. As well as carrying out design projects, they will learn to conduct visual communication campaigns enhanced by conceptualisation, brand strategy and art direction.
Graphic Design has taken on a new dimension that ventures beyond its traditional boundaries into a market where designers are expected to build creative communication concepts and strategies into their projects. Succeeding in the world of creativity in this day and age requires an eye-catching portfolio that appeals both to design studios and advertising or branding agencies. Knowing this, a graphic designer has to be capable of conceiving and developing surprising and unique ideas.
This Undergraduate Degree encourages students to develop a variety of projects with real clients for the first three years and to carry out a Final Course Project with a specific client linked directly to the world of advertising and creativity.
– Grasping the basic concepts of design, project culture and methodology.
– Encouraging students to try, create and communicate.
– Studying the technological and project tools needed to communicate a visual message simply and effectively by developing their individual creativity and interdisciplinary methodology processes.
– Learning to command software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, etc. and how to apply creativity in corporate communication.
– Applying all their previous learning to create real projects.
– Encouraging creativity and artistic direction.
– Understanding the professional context and its full complexity.
– Creating a professional portfolio in preparation for the working world.
– Completing a mandatory internship.
– Developing projects that tie in all of the knowledge gained throughout the course.
– Carrying out a Final Course Project with a real company.
The chosen methodology is known as learning by doing and promotes interdisciplinarity among various fields including design, fashion, and management and design strategies by organising joint workshops and projects.
The syllabus sets a series of learning goals for the student, which become more demanding as the course progresses and end with a Final Course Project for a real client.
– Graphic designer
– Visual communicator
– Creative director
– Art director
– Branding specialist
– Corporate, publishing or packaging image expert
– Content developer
– Brand consultant, digital advertising strategist, interactive brand manager, brand manager
– Social media strategist
Former IED VISUAL COMMUNICATION students are now working for:
Ogilvy, Shackleton, Everis, Tomorro’, Somos, Comuniza, McCann Worldwide, Operation Unicorn, Lo Siento, Pixel Research, Mass Digital, Folch, Duprée, Common Sense, relajaelcoco, Steer Davies Gleave, Stop Stealing My Look, Bestiario, Inoxcrom, etc.
Collaborating companies: Alba Synchrotron, Ajuntament de Barcelona, Brands&Roses (Yorokobu), CCCB, CERN, ESADE, Essentialist, Everis, Fundació Pasqual Maragall, Gin NUT, La Fábrica-Madrid, Ling, Mercats de Barcelona, Oxfam-Intermón, Red Bull, UPC, Sónar.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here