CSP in Sneakers Design
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: April 29th 2021
Schedule: Monday, Thursday and alternate Fridays, from 6.30pm to 10.40pm
3.250€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.250€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The CSP (Continuing Study Programme) in Sneakers Design provides the student with a general overview that encompasses concept, the design phase, the selection of materials, lasts, colour charts and production management.
The course seeks to respond to the growing demand for sports footwear design professionals who can meet the challenges of this industry; a business that supplies millions of people around the world.
From ergonomics and design, specialised pattern making, trends in color and texture to innovation in textile materials, students will learn the characteristic features of sports footwear design, applied to both high-performance sports and the world of fashion.
– Provide specific knowledge so that students can develop professionally in a field as niche as sports footwear.
– Develop content related to the design, development and production of sports footwear.
– Create a collection of technical/sport casual footwear, understanding that, starting from a concept, an idea and a need, the evolution of the design process enables the best solution to be found in the final product.
– Acquire solid foundations to professionally approach the world of sports fashion, from the knowledge, analysis and selection of technical materials, to the task of pattern making and means of production.
– Identify and understand the technical properties of each material and fabric, shaping professionals with the capacity and sensitivity to transmit new values and concepts to their future clients.
– Acquire knowledge in marketing and communication, market analysis, and the identification of users and needs.
The course combines the acquisition of specific theoretical knowledge of the technical sports sector with the latest trends in the world of fashion. The didactic activities include a practical phase and visits interspersed with the planning phase and the review of work carried out.
The Final Project, which integrates all the knowledge acquired during the course, will be developed at a personal level, from the concept to its development, including the final presentation.
Graduates in disciplines related to product, industrial and fashion design who want to specialise in the field of sports footwear, in particular in the technical and sport casual areas.
It is also aimed at those graduates and professionals with experience in areas related to production, such as pattern makers, technicians, product managers and production managers, or other similar disciplines, with an artistic and creative vision who want to specialise in the sports industry.
Sports footwear designers of technical and sport casual brands, both in the creative departments of sports brands as well as in production companies, or as independent designers undertaking their own projects.
Some of the professional areas are:
– Sporting goods/sport casual brands and firms
– Sports production companies in the sector
– Design studios
– Freelance design
Fashion, accessories and sports footwear design. Graduate in Illustration from the Llotja Advanced School of Art and Design, graduate in Fashion and Textile Design and Master in Footwear and Accessories from IED Barcelona.
For over fourteen years, he has been working for international firms in the sports product and fashion design sector, providing creativity and versatility. Respect and passion for product design led him to work on licensing projects for sport/casual footwear for Pirelli Pzero, McLaren F1 and Formula1. In addition, he has designed sports clothing and activewear collections for Best Kitesurf, Pacha Sport and Moov Athletics, among others. He was the designer in charge of the Desigual Sport Department, designing technical sports clothing, sportswear, accessories and footwear.
The new technologies applied to products and the search for original and cutting-edge designs are his main objectives. Passionate about his profession, he loves new challenges and understands design as a means of expression through which one can be fulfilled. Teaching has always been a vocation for him, and for the last 10 years he has enjoyed sharing knowledge and experiences with students.
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here