CSP in Sneakers Design
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: April 29th 2021
Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday from 6.30pm to 10.40pm
3.250€ (Enrolment fee 1.000€ + tuition fee 2.250€).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The CSP (Continuing Study Programme) in Sneakers Design provides the student with a general overview that encompasses concept, the design phase, the selection of materials, lasts, colour charts and production management.
The course seeks to respond to the growing demand for sports footwear design professionals who can meet the challenges of this industry; a business that supplies millions of people around the world.
From ergonomics and design, specialised pattern making, trends in color and texture to innovation in textile materials, students will learn the characteristic features of sports footwear design, applied to both high-performance sports and the world of fashion.
– Provide specific knowledge so that students can develop professionally in a field as niche as sports footwear.
– Develop content related to the design, development and production of sports footwear.
– Create a collection of technical/sport casual footwear.
– Acquire solid foundations to professionally approach the world of sports fashion, from the knowledge, analysis and selection of technical materials, to the task of pattern making and means of production.
– Identify and understand the technical properties of each material and fabric.
– Acquire knowledge in marketing and communication, market analysis, and the identification of users and needs.
The course combines the acquisition of specific theoretical knowledge of the technical sports sector with the latest trends in the world of fashion. The didactic activities include a practical phase and visits interspersed with the planning phase and the review of work carried out.
The Final Project, which integrates all the knowledge acquired during the course, will be developed at a personal level, from the concept to its development, including the final presentation.
– Graduates in disciplines related to product, industrial and fashion design who want to specialise in the field of sports footwear, in particular in the technical and sport casual areas.
– It is also aimed at those graduates and professionals with experience in areas related to production, such as pattern makers, technicians, product managers and production managers, or other similar disciplines, with an artistic and creative vision who want to specialise in the sports industry.
– Sports footwear designers of technical and sport casual brands, both in the creative departments of sports brands as well as in production companies.
– Independent designers undertaking their own projects.
Some of the professional areas are:
– Sporting goods/sport casual brands and firms
– Sports production companies in the sector
– Design studios
– Freelance design
Fashion, accessories and sports footwear design. Graduate in Illustration from the Llotja Advanced School of Art and Design, graduate in Fashion and Textile Design and Master in Footwear and Accessories from IED Barcelona.
For over fourteen years, he has been working for international firms in the sports product and fashion design sector, providing creativity and versatility. Respect and passion for product design led him to work on licensing projects for sport/casual footwear for Pirelli Pzero, McLaren F1 and Formula1. In addition, he has designed sports clothing and activewear collections for Best Kitesurf, Pacha Sport and Moov Athletics, among others. He was the designer in charge of the Desigual Sport Department, designing technical sports clothing, sportswear, accessories and footwear.
The new technologies applied to products and the search for original and cutting-edge designs are his main objectives. Passionate about his profession, he loves new challenges and understands design as a means of expression through which one can be fulfilled.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.