CSP in Project Management for Creative Industries
The CSP (Continuing Study Program) in Project Management is a methodology for planning, organization and resource management for the successful fulfillment of the aims of a project. In the field of creative industries, devoted to design, communication and innovation, it is the tool that facilitates an adequate communication between the implied agents and the interrelated activity to achieve the project’s objectives.
This postgraduate course trains the figure of Project Manager, given the of specific professionals, with a perspective not only on design/innovation, but also on project management. The project manager figure is essential to conceive, plan, execute, supervise and implement project from a leadership perspective, to balance out the key aspects: scope, time and budget. It is in charge of guaranteeing quality, profitability and value creation for stakeholders in creative, design or innovation projects. These are some of the challenges for project managers in an increasingly competitive and professionalized industry, in which “good ideas”, on their own, are not enough if not addressed by a strategic perspective.
CSP in Project Management for Creative Industries - Weekend
– Provide participants with the conceptual and technical tools to plan, develop, manage and implement projects within the field of creativity, design and/or innovation.
– Students learn to handle creative projects more efficiently thanks to the methodologies imparted during the course. This allows them to understand in a global manner the implications of a project and the leading role that has to be performed by the project manager.
– The aim is to enable students to incorporate project management into their regular activity, identifying the adequate methodology for each stage of the project, knowing and using the suitable tools for each occasion and developing their leadership aptitudes.
– The knowledge acquired in the course can be applied to several fields and formats, from integration into a company’s creative team, to management of a design studio or performance of freelance projects.
– Group work is fostered and promoted, looking for participants experimentation with the advantages and difficulties of working in multidisciplinary teams, approaching the experiences to the real conditions of projects development.
IED Barcelona, for their Continuing Study Programs proposes a dynamic methodology in which the course serves as a laboratory for analysis & exchange of information and discussion of cases. Participants will have the opportunity to share experiences with the speakers, in a climate of close dialogue that serves as a meeting point of their current knowledge and future career aspirations.
The course will have a practical “hands on” approach, combined with master classes and conferences. The students will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with the professors in a close collaboration environment. The classes are expected to become active workshops with a “learning by doing” approach integrated with the theoretical content provided by the professors.
The professional program is aimed at all those professionals (creative, technical, executive of management-related profiles) who, regardless of the specific area they perform, want to acquire specific tools and methodologies for project management and design either to incorporate them into their their own companies and projects or to promote creativity and competitiveness in the organizations they work for.
Professionals from the fields of communication, marketing and design, those working on the fields of business and strategic planning performing in creative or innovation projects are potential project managers: – Designers from any discipline
– Specialists in communication and marketing
– Professionals devoted to the world of business and strategic planning
– Businessmen and industrials from several sectors wanting to question their processes for production and products conception to find techniques and methodologies to reconsider the scope of their business.
– Other professionals with proven experience in the field of design/innovation/marketing.
Participants are qualified to work in several types of companies and organizations, performing the following activities:
– Management of design and innovation projects
– Leadership in creative processes
– Strategic vision to conceptualize and develop new products and services
– Apply project management methodologies to creative processes to maximize their output.
Industrial designer graduated at the University of Buenos Aires, has a Masters degree in innovation from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and has done graduate studies in business management at the School of Industrial Organization. He currently works at Loop Business Innovation as design and innovation project manager and he is a professor of IED since 2008. Previously he was part of the design team at Hewlett Packard where he did product and interface design, user research and customization projects among others. Guido has experience in various fields of design ranging from product and service, interaction, interface, retail and packaging. He has developed projects for companies such as HP, Indra, Danone, Volkswagen, Coca-Cola, Chicco, Revlon and Unilever among others. He worked on projects for Argentina, USA, Spain, England, Italy and Dubai. He has written articles for journals and international congresses and has lectured at ESADE and LaSalle University. He worked as a professor at the University of Buenos Aires, School Elisava and IDEP. His work has been published in various magazines and newspapers and has won design awards in Argentina, Spain, Japan and Germany.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Other Related Courses
CSP in Project Management for Creative IndustriesMore Info +
SMASHINGCONF 2017 AT IED BARCELONAThe third edition of the SmashingConfBarcelona will be celebrated from… More Info +
Business Design student's study the viability of a maritime transport service for the Port of BarcelonaStudents of IED Barcelona Advanced School of Design have designed… More Info +
Two IED Barcelona alumni won the Ecodesign award 2017Two projects by students from IED Barcelona have been awarded… More Info +