CSP in Fashion Styling
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: January 2023
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 6.30pm to 9.30pm
€3,300 (Enrolment fee €1,000€ + tuition fee €2,300).
Find out more about our payment options and special conditions.
The CSP in Fashion Styling introduces students to the extensive range of professions that can be found within this field and provides them with the basic skills and expertise required to carry out specific creative projects.
A stylist provides creative support to produce attractive images that inspire and motivate the desire of viewers. They provide the visual communication of concepts that reflect the style of their clients or their desired audience through their work and cultural knowledge and references.
Working in partnership with designers, brands, print and digital publications, retailers and on sales platforms, fashion stylists play a key role in developing, presenting and promoting seasonal products and trends. In film, television and video, stylists or costume designers play a crucial role in creating both identifiable and fantastical characters, a task that requires expert teamwork.
– To provide an overview of the various fashion sectors and disciplines, from fashion editorial, catwalk, catalogues, visual display and e-commerce to moving image, cinema, advertising, theatre and fashion film.
– To understand the role and interaction of stylists in various sectors.
– To provide a historical, socio-cultural context in order to acquire a knowledge base that can develop concepts and inspiration applied to present-day demands and needs.
– To review basic, fundamental professional vocabulary and skills, including fabrics and their functions, silhouette, colour.
– To complete practical exercises in trend analysis, designers and key sector brands.
– To stimulate creativity through practical workshops in which students work on coordinating looks and handling garments, creating moodboards, sketchbooks and creative styling projects.
– To learn how to organise photo shoots, including pre- and post-production aspects.
– To develop aesthetic criteria and skills in order to present their projects in an attractively coherent manner.
With the collaboration of teachers and current sector professionals, students will attend theoretical classes and have the opportunity to participate in practical workshops, tours and photo shoots.
The course is divided into five areas that combine practical experience with theoretical content and provide an in-depth knowledge of the field of styling:
– Professional area
– Socio-cultural area
– Technical area
– Project area
– Communication area
This is an introductory course that is aimed at anyone interested in entering the styling sector, both to become a professional, if the entry profile of the student allows, and be able to enter the world of sensitivity, composition, materials and products in the world of fashion.
Applicants require a CV and letter of motivation in order to enrol. The school will evaluate each case individually if any of the admission requirements are not met and it reserves the right to call the applicant for a personal interview.
Fashion stylist, consultant in style issues for any type of company in the world of fashion in the following specific projects: consultancy, fashion shows, look-books, conventions and presentations, catalogues and advertising campaigns, specialised publications, window-dressing, advertising, shows, image consultant and personal shopper.
Graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York with a degree in Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising. After working for more than 10 years in the luxury urban fashion market in New York and Italy with brands such as Diesel, Guess and Gap, she moved to Spain and co- founded a multi-brand boutique.
She began working as a freelance stylist and costume designer for advertising with clients such as Adidas, Seat and Heineken, among others.
After 15 years in the sector, she teaches and tutors at the IED and combines this with costume design and creating a collection of handmade sustainable fashion.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.