CSP in Contemporary Interior Design
The CSP (Continuing Study Program) in Contemporary Interior Design is an approach to the main theoretical and practical research tools in the field of interior design. The course is based on three fields of research (Space, Form and Materials). The first one is focused on researching on several ways of interpreting and producing a contemporary interior space. The second remarks the possibilities offered by autonomous objects from their own logic, but also from the attributes they bring to modify an interior space. The third field is centered on analysing the range of possibilities blooming from a more direct and perceptible precision, from usage of different material surfaces to finish off previously generated spaces and objects.
– Know how to explore the relation between form, dimension and scale respecting the vital functions of the habitat for the contemporary individual.
– Analyse and propose a series of experiences that emerge from interior design, related with housing, commerce and cultural activity.
– Acquire theoretical knowledge on history and theory of design, arts and architecture during the 20th and 21st centuries.
– Start learning about the regulations and solutions for general systems of interior spaces: electricity, water, gas.
– Discover the best lighting solutions for interiors.
– Get an introduction to the proper usage of resources, efforts and energies to offer sustainable spaces.
– Examine the regulations in force to propose “Design for all” spaces in an effort to reduce accessibility barriers for the elderly, kids or the disabled.
– Use graphics as an essential to plan contemporary interior spaces.
– Explore new materials and furniture offered in the market to apply them to projects.
– Get initiated on the knowledge of interior designer representation tools: models and digital representation.
– Perform several exercises in which all theoretical and technical knowledge acquired during the course can be applied.
From the basis of the three fields of research (Space, Form, Material), a series of projects will combine exercises on domestic and residential spaces with design for commercial spaces. Also there will be a workshop on ephemeral spaces, under the heading of “Projects Workshop”, which intends to foster and promote the most extensive and free creative possibilities. These practical exercises are complemented with lectures divided in two areas. The first one, named Fundamentals and Strategies, is composed of several sessions that present the several disciplines taking part in the professional development of an interior designer (systems, lighting, marketing, graphic design, sustainability, accessibility, furniture, materials, …). The second part, Representation Tools, is based on analysing the necessary tools to develop and represent an interior space (digital representation, visual analysis, models, photography, etc.).
This course is aimed at students and professionals from design, or other creative disciplines, and all those interested in interior design in general that, given the employment context, require this specialisation to face successfully this increasingly competitive and changing sector.
This introductory course intends to provide basic tools to get started in the professional world and be able to start collaborating in a studio of interior design or architecture. It will bring theoretical and practical knowledge to work in a project, developing it from the very first idea to the proposal to the client.
The course coordinator is José Manuel Fernández, architect and coordinator of the interior design department for Lagranja design studio (www.lagranjadesign.com).
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Other Related Courses
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here