CSP in Smart Lighting
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: 2 May 2022
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday + alternate Friday, from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
€3,550 (Enrolment fee €1,000 + tuition fee €2,550).
Contact us for payment facilities and special conditions.
The CSP (Continuing Study Program) in Smart Lighting provides a comprehensive view of the latest innovations in lighting and smart and digital lighting systems.
The illumination sector has evolved relentlessly over the past few years owing to research and new technology. The new concept of smart lighting is linked closely to control technology and energy efficiency.
The CSP focusses on this specific area in the broadest sense: making conscious use of technology so as to promote comfort, convenience and easy use, as well as fostering environmental awareness and emphasising people’s needs to inspire creative and well‑informed solutions.
– Acquire a general vision of the latest lighting innovations.
– Know the available smart and digital lighting systems.
– Understand the potential and possible use of new technologies as expressive or strategic tools, for sustainability or creativitiy.
– Explore both functional and creative applications.
– Put into practice the knowledge, trough workshops, testing, and lighting mock-ups.
– Be able to generate creative and informed projects and communicate them.
The course reinforces the application of theoretical knowledge by putting it into practice during the development of exercises and projects. Case studies are also an important part of the course.
Graduates in Architecture, Fine Arts, Product Design, Interior Design, Engineering and other design related disciplines who want to explore new technologies and their smart applications, both on the functional and on the creative side.
– Lighting Designers, specialized in ephemeral, cultural or event lighting.
– Lighting Designers, specialized in smart lighting technologies and applications.
– Light Artists.
– Lighting projects responsible within a digital lighting manufacturer or distributor firm.
Architect and lighting designer (APDI) based in Barcelona, Spain, she is one of the founders of studio reMM, dedicated to architecture and lighting design.
In her carrier she designed all sorts of lighting projects, with various magnitudes and approaches: from big assignments for renowned architect firms such as Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners or Atelier Jean Nouvel, to small budget projects with clever solutions; from cutting edge installations to low tech artistic set ups.
Actively committed to promoting the culture of light through articles, workshops, talks and cultural initiatives, she lectures in several design and architecture universities. Her works have been selected at lighting design Awards such as FAD and Lamp, Iluminet and Panorama.
Companies that have collaborated with the course: Hotel Arts, Osram, Rosco, Dialux, LEDscontrol, LED.COM, iGuzzini, ERCO, Simon Lighting, Fluvia, Viabizzuno, LAMP, SALVI, Marset, Santa & Cole, JVV, Escenotecnic, etc.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Other Related Courses
Data Controller: Istituto Europeo Di Design S.L
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Purpose of data: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Informing you about available courses
- Receive offers, promotions and exclusive events for me
Type of information that we collect (Legal Basis): Express consent.
Recipients: Istituto Europeo di Design will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior express consent.