CSP in Project Management for Creative Industries
The CSP (Continuing Study Program) in Project Management for Creative Industries trains professionals to manage, plan, execute, supervise and implement projects from a position of leadership, as well as learning to strike a balance between scope, timing and budget.
The world of creative industries, design, communication and innovation is growing more competitive. A ‘good idea’ alone is no longer enough – it needs a strategic perspective. This is where the project manager steps in to properly coordinate every agent involved and all interrelated activities, whilst also ensuring quality, profitability and value for stakeholders.
The course follows a methodology that covers planning, organisation and resource management to meet every given project’s goals. With a practical, hands-on approach, it combines master classes with conferences and workshops.
CSP in Project Management for Creative Industries
– Provide participants with the conceptual and technical tools to plan, develop, manage and implement projects within the field of creativity, design and/or innovation.
– Students learn to handle creative projects more efficiently thanks to the methodologies imparted during the course. This allows them to understand in a global manner the implications of a project and the leading role that has to be performed by the project manager.
– The aim is to enable students to incorporate project management into their regular activity, identifying the adequate methodology for each stage of the project, knowing and using the suitable tools for each occasion and developing their leadership aptitudes.
– The knowledge acquired in the course can be applied to several fields and formats, from integration into a company’s creative team, to management of a design studio or performance of freelance projects.
– Group work is fostered and promoted, looking for participants experimentation with the advantages and difficulties of working in multidisciplinary teams, approaching the experiences to the real conditions of projects development.
IED Barcelona, for their Continuing Study Programs proposes a dynamic methodology in which the course serves as a laboratory for analysis & exchange of information and discussion of cases. Participants will have the opportunity to share experiences with the speakers, in a climate of close dialogue that serves as a meeting point of their current knowledge and future career aspirations.
The course will have a practical “hands on” approach, combined with master classes and conferences. The students will have the opportunity to learn and experiment with the professors in a close collaboration environment. The classes are expected to become active workshops with a “learning by doing” approach integrated with the theoretical content provided by the professors.
The professional program is aimed at all those professionals (creative, technical, executive of management-related profiles) who, regardless of the specific area they perform, want to acquire specific tools and methodologies for project management and design either to incorporate them into their their own companies and projects or to promote creativity and competitiveness in the organizations they work for.
Professionals from the fields of communication, marketing and design, those working on the fields of business and strategic planning performing in creative or innovation projects are potential project managers: – Designers from any discipline
– Specialists in communication and marketing
– Professionals devoted to the world of business and strategic planning
– Businessmen and industrials from several sectors wanting to question their processes for production and products conception to find techniques and methodologies to reconsider the scope of their business.
– Other professionals with proven experience in the field of design/innovation/marketing.
Participants are qualified to work in several types of companies and organizations, performing the following activities:
– Management of design and innovation projects
– Leadership in creative processes
– Strategic vision to conceptualize and develop new products and services
– Apply project management methodologies to creative processes to maximize their output.
Co-founder Drop-Design for Innovation, an innovation consulting firm focused on creating exceptional products and services, focused on the user experience and business model. Industrial designer by the University of Buenos Aires, Master’s Degree (DEA) in Innovation Projects by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and Postgraduate in Business Management in the School of Industrial Organization.
Previously, he worked as Experience Design Lead at HP and as Design & Innovation Manager at the consulting firm Loop Business Innovation. He has been Professor of IED since 2008 and Director of the Innovation Lab of the ESADE MBA.
He has extensive experience in different fields of design and innovation in various sectors: consumer electronics, equipment, toys, technology, services, packaging and consumer goods. He has collaborated with multinational companies, SMEs and startups and has carried out projects in Argentina, United States, Spain, England, Italy and Dubai.
He has written articles for international magazines and congresses. His work has been published in different magazines and newspapers, and has received design awards in Germany, the United States, Argentina, Spain and Japan.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
Other Related Courses
CSP in Project Management for Creative IndustriesMore Info +
Responsible: Istituto Europeo Di Design, S.L B-80813959
Purpose: The information collected on the website will only be used for the following purposes:
This is the basic purpose of the form
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept the legal conditions
- This is the purpose that appears when brands that accept to receive commercial information
Type of information we collect (Legitimization):
- Identifying data
- Academic and professional data
This information is necessary to carry out the purposes described in the previous section, otherwise we can not inform you, or process your registration or academic record.
Recipients of your data:
We inform you that your personal information access certain entities according to law regulations that require us to communicate your personal information.
Also, after your express consent, we would cede your data to entities that belong to the group to which Istituto Europeo di Design, SL belongs, and to those that may be of interest once the commercial relationship with you has been established, and may be consulted by assignees at the Istituto Europeo headquarters di Design, SL, with the sole purpose of informing you of our offers and services.
If you wish you have the right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose those treatments you do not want, for this you must send a letter to the address above or to the email address: email@example.com, attaching a photocopy of your DNI or NIE and indicating in the subject Data Protection.
If you need more information you can consult it here